One of Moises Caicedo’s representatives has admitted he fears the midfielder may never get his dream move after Brighton refused to sell the Ecuadorian in the January transfer window.
A number of clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, were linked with Caicedo last month after the midfielder’s impressive start to the campaign.
Caicedo, who is under contract with Brighton until 2025, will now remain with the Premier League club until at least the end of the season.
The 21-year-old returned to first-team training on Thursday after missing Saturday’s FA Cup win over Liverpool.
Caicedo’s agent reveals injury fears
One of Caicedo’s agents, Manuel Sierra, has opened up on the midfielder’s failed attempt to move clubs and admits he fears an injury could potentially scupper a summer transfer.
“The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moises says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life, that it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life… and we we helped draft the statement,” Sierra told Marca90, as reported by Ole.
“In that statement he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.
“We don’t know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can’t know what’s going to happen.”
Sierra has also claimed that Brighton were aware of Caicedo’s open letter before it was published and that the relationship between the player and club remains amicable despite his desire to move.
“Moises asked the club for permission to publish the statement, he is the one who does not train and he does not go to the game (vs. Liverpool) because they decide to give him the weekend off,” added Sierra.
“Brighton did not separate him. They understand the situation and they love him very much. It was a consensual agreement.”