Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have been given a potential boost in their pursuit of West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, according to reports.
Rice has been one of the top midfielders in the Premier League for several years, combining his exceptional defensive abilities with his passing range and ability to carry the ball forward at pace.
The 23-year-old has been a critical cog in the Hammers side that has qualified for European football in the last two seasons.
He is currently at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar with England, and has started each of the Three Lions’ three group stage games, including their 3-0 win over Wales on Tuesday.
Rice’s current contract at West Ham expires in 2024, although the club do have the option to extend that deal by a further 12 months.
Therefore, the Hammers are not currently under major pressure to sell, despite reported interest from United, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Rice joined the Blues academy at the age of seven, and stayed there until 2014, when he moved to West Ham. Originally breaking through into the senior team as a centre-back, the 23-year-old quickly adapted to a midfield role.
New reports emerge on Declan Rice future
According to The Telegraph journalist Matt Law, the Hammers are ‘preparing to sell’ Rice, and he could depart the London Stadium at the end of the current season.
Law told the London is Blue podcast (quotes via TEAMtalk): “Rice, he will definitely, definitely leave West Ham at the end of this season. I’m 100 per cent confident on that.
“West Ham are preparing to sell Declan Rice. I think it’ll be about 70 million [pounds].
“Chelsea aren’t actually in pole position at the moment for Declan Rice. There are a couple of clubs who have made big plays for Declan Rice.”
He went on to claim that he would be ‘quite surprised’ if another club were to outbid the Blues, and went on to confirm that two unnamed Premier League clubs are ahead of them in the race.
Moyes confirmed earlier this year that Rice would not be sold in the most recent summer transfer window, stating to the Daily Mail: “We wouldn’t be taking any [bids], anyway. We’ve said all along he’s not for sale.”
Whether West Ham’s stance changes this summer remains to be seen.