Pep Guardiola has addressed the police investigation into alleged indecent exposure and groping by Manchester City star Kyle Walker.
Earlier this week, the Sun published CCTV footage that showed Walker drinking in a bar in Wilmslow during one of his days off.
The 32-year-old is alleged to have twice exposed himself in the bar and groped a woman’s breasts.
On Thursday Cheshire Police confirmed that they were investigating the incident but that no arrests have been made so far.
During his press conference ahead of Manchester City’s trip to Crystal Palace this weekend, Pep Guardiola said that the matter will be dealt with ‘internally’.
“[It’s a] private issue, we will sort it internally, speaking with him. This is not the place to speak about private situations,” Guardiola told reporters.
When asked whether players need to act more carefully and responsibly in public, Guardiola said:
“Definitely. It’s completely different than years ago. They know it. When you open the door at home they need to know they will be filmed whatever they do. That is society.”
Walker returned to training with the rest of his teammates on Tuesday after Guardiola had given the players Sunday and Monday off following the 2-0 win against Newcastle last weekend.
The England international – who is married and has three children – trained as normal this weekend and is in contention to feature when City take on Crystal Palace on Saturday evening.
There have been reports this week that City have canceled contract discussions with Walker, and that the reigning Premier League champions could look to terminate his current deal before its expiration in 2024.
However, those rumours are believed to be wide of the mark.
The police investigation is ongoing and there has been no further statement from Cheshire Police.
Both City and Walker have refused to comment any further on the situation.