Liverpool’s injury woes have worsened as Reds winger Kaide Gordon is out of action until 2023.

Talismanic winger Luis Diaz has already been ruled out until the new year with a knee issue, while a calf muscle problem has subjected Diogo Jota to an extended spell on the sidelines.

Hoping to make a mark in the absence of Jurgen Klopp’s more senior attackers was highly rated 18-year-old Gordon, but he too, won’t see any action until next year.

Gordon hasn’t featured for Liverpool since February, due to a mysterious injury.

However in the past month the Liverpool Echo have claimed the youngster is suffering from a pelvic problem brought about by physical growth.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, the Reds’ Under-21s head coach Barry Lewtas was coy on the details of the injury, but confirmed that Gordon would be out of action for the foreseeable future.

He said: “Kaide’s been unfortunate with a long-term injury. He’s another unbelievably young boy. He’s still [eligible as] an under-18 which is crazy.

“You have to be careful with certain injuries because there is a long-term plan there as well.

“He’s still here. He’s still smiling in the corridors. I still love bumping into Kaide because he’s a good kid.

“He’s been out for a bit, it’s just small steps with him at the minute.

“One beauty for us is the World Cup being at an unusual time. Our season stops on November 9 and we don’t restart until January.

“Hopefully it may give the lads who we’ve got injured, like Kaide, the opportunity to work their way back.”

Gordon broke into Liverpool’s first team last term, and appeared in a handful of games as the Reds attempted to claim a historical quadruple (we all know how that ended).

The youngster was even labelled an “outstanding talent” by Klopp after he became the second youngest goalscorer in Liverpool history.

Gordon’s historic first professional goal was his team’s opener in a 4-1 FA Cup third round victory against Shrewsbury in January.

The teenager was also entrusted to start the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, which Liverpool ultimately won 2-0.