jake-paul-vs.-anderson-silva-reportedly-in-jeopardy,-commission-confirms-it-is-‘looking-into-matter’

Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva is reportedly in jeopardy, with the commission confirming it is ‘looking into the matter’ following a training camp incident.

Paul is set to resume his professional boxing career on Saturday when he takes on UFC legend Silva in Glendale, Arizona.

It’s been billed as his toughest test to date considering the wealth of experience the 47-year-old boasts.

But Paul vs. Silva appears to be in doubt with The Arizona Department of Gaming, which oversees the state’s boxing commission, saying they are looking into reports that the Brazilian was knocked out in training ahead of their showdown.

It comes after Silva revealed that he had been knocked out in his final training session for Paul.

Jake Paul in the ring after the fight between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano. Image: Alamy “I’m training hard for win – I’m training with the good boxers, high-level, and five guys come to help me,” the former UFC middleweight champion told MMA Fighting.

“And the last sparring with [my sparring partner], he is knocked me out two times, and when I finish my training, I talked to my coach and even said, ‘Coach, let me tell you something, why the guys knock me out two times?’

“And the coach said, ‘You need to prepare for war, and you prepare for war.'”

Silva’s coach Luiz Carlos Dorea dismissed the comments made by his pupil.

“What I can say is that didn’t happen,” he said. “Thank God we follow all the steps in training and Anderson did excellent sparring [sessions]. He’s 100 percent for the fight.”

However, The Arizona Department of Gaming has confirmed that they are investigating the reports.

“We are looking into the matter and have no further comment at this time,” the statement reads.

SPORTbible has reached out to representatives for Silva for additional comment.

Paul will be hoping Silva is fit and healthy to compete, having had his last fight cancelled on short notice.

He was supposed to take on Hasim Rahman Jr until he failed to meet the contracted weight requirements.

After the speculation, Silva released a statement on matter – explaining he had misspoke in the interview and confirming the fight is very much still happening.